Let’s be honest, anything Mexican is going to be amazing, right?!
I’ve never met anyone that doesn’t like Mexican and have it as one of there too cuisines.
2 chicken breasts, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 red onion, diced
1 brown onion, diced
2 cups long grain rice
600g can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup corn kernels
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 taco seasoning
1 punnet Cherry tomatoes, quartered
Salt and pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add chicken, cumin, taco seasoning and chilli powder. Stir gently until cooked through.
3. Stir in rice until well coated.
4. Stir in tomato sauce and chicken stock. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in corn and carrots. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until rice is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes. Stir in tomatoes.
Serve and enjoy!