Hello and welcome to spring/ fall, depending on where you are following from.
Thank you for returning and following along! I took a break from blogging as I was not ‘loving’ the inventing of new recipes as much as I usually do. With time and following other food bloggers and of course people asking what happened to the recipes I’ve regained to love and momentum!
500g beef mince
2 quick cooks brown rice cups
1 large brown onion, diced
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet tomato puree
1 can diced tomatoes
3 large capsicums
1 handful crumbled cheddar cheese
1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 160c.
2. Place beef and onions into a saucepan preheated with oil. Cook the beef and onion until browned, using a wooden spoon to break up any lumps.
3. Stir in taco seasoning. Add tomato puree, diced tomatoes and water. Stir to combine.
4. Bring mixture to a boil, then turn down to a simmer for 40 minutes with the lid on.
5. Whilst mixture is cooking, cut capsicums in half vertically. Remove the stem, and all the white inside parts. Be careful not the pierce the skin on the capsicum though.
6. Place capsicums into a lightly greased oven dish. If the capsicums are not sitting flush, use aluminum foil to make seats for them to sit on, or wedge foil between the capsicums in the dish.
7. Microwave the brown rice cups accordingly to the packet instructions. Fill the capsicums with rice until half full.
8. Add a generous pinch for cheese on top of the rice.
9. Once ready stir the chili con carne mixture on the stove. Add two spoonful’s of mixture into each capsicum cup to fill.
10. Place baking dish in the oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!