Delicious bites for any occasion!
I made these recently for a farewell, they have a French influence to them which I love!
5 rashers bacon, diced
1/2 cup cooking cream
2 onions, finely sliced
3 sheets puff pastry, thawed
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon all spice seasoning
Salt & pepper
1. Heat butter in a frypan. Add bacon and cook for one minute.
2. Add sliced onion. Turn down to a medium/ low heat and cover, stirring every few minutes. This will caramelise the onions. Remove from heat once done. This should take approx 20 mins.
3. During cooking time, preheat the oven to 180c.
4. Combine eggs, cream & milk in a bowl. Whisk until light. Add is salt, pepper & seasoning.
5. Spray muffin tin and cut out circular puff pastry squares. I used a 1 cup measuring cup for my sizing.
6. Insert pastry cut outs into tin and fill with a teaspoon of bacon mixture between each cup.
7. Add a punch of shredded parmesan to each cup and then spoon a ladle of cream mixture into cup until 3/4 full.
8. Bake at 180c for 30-35 minutes or until golden on top and cooked through.
Serve and enjoy!