Remember the tv show and doll, Strawberry Shortcakes? Well this is what this cake reminds me of! Sweet and cheery!
1 punnet strawberries, roughly mashed
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 cup buttermilk
100g butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 160c and line cake tin with baking paper.
2. Beat together butter and sugar until well combined.
3. Add in flour and baking soda. Mix together.
4. Add buttermilk, eggs and vanilla essence. Fold the mixture together slowly.
5. Fold in mashed strawberries.
6. Pour mixture into pre prepared cake tin and bake for 35-45 minutes at 160c.
Serve and enjoy!