Happy nearly December! Noose beer has been a crazy month so I’m wishing December along fast!
These strawberry biscuits are the perfect savoury treat! Not very sweet but you can taste the hint of strawberry! Perfect with cream and a cuppa!
40 g butter
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 cup blended strawberries
1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Ready baking trays with baking paper.
2. Wash and remove the greens of a punnet of strawberries. Blend until nearly smooth. Set aside.
3. Cream together butter, sugar and egg until smooth.
4. Add the strawberries to mixture stirring to combine, then add flour and vanilla essence.
5. Turn into a floured surface and roll out dough until 2cm thick.
6. Using a scone/ biscuit cutter, cut out scones and place on baking trays two finger spaces apart.
7. Bake for 15- 20 minutes. Serve with butter or cream. Enjoy!