Well to start, Happy Thanksgiving and I’ve missed you all! I hope that everyone who celebrates is having a wonderful time with family and eating all the delicious food!
I think I am time ready to blog again so let’s see if take two this year works!
Although I didn’t throw our annual thanksgiving party, I did make some deviled eggs for the neighbours.
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup diced bacon (pre cooked)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- Smokey paprika to season
1. Boil eggs in a cooking pot full submerged under water until hard (full cook) or shells cracking slightly.
2. Drain water and give eggs a cold water ice bath.
3. While eggs are cooling, place all other ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together well.
4. Drain egg bath and peel eggs. Now everyone has there own egg peeling method, but what works best for me is firmly tapping both the top and the bottom and then rolling the middle. This is because you want the whole to maintain shape for the filling.
5. Halve eggs down the centre (top to bottom) and gently scope out the cooked yolk (yellow part). Add the cooked yolk to the filling mixture and store well to combine.
6. Add a teaspoon of mixture to the egg white where the ‘yolk’ gap is.
7. Sprinkle with paprika seasoning and enjoy!