Fresh apricots are in season and I’m loving finding new ways to cook with them. This tart is a sweet and delicious way to use this wonderful fruit!
- 2 sheets short crust pastry
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 100g unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 8 apricots halved, stone removed
- 1/4 slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Combine almond meal, flour sugar, silvered almonds, butter and eggs in a large bowl and beat at a low speed until combined and of a creamy consistency. Set uncovered in the refrigerator.
- Place short cut pastry into lightly oil sprayed tart tin. Ensure to press down firmly. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Halve apricots, removing the pit and then halve the apricot halves again.
- Take pastry tin out of the fridge and place a thin layer of apricot jam at the base.
- Spread wet mixture on top of the apricot jam layer. Place apricot slices on top.
- Place in the tart into the preheat oven at 180c for 25-30 minutes.
- When ready take out of the oven and sprinkle with pistachios.
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy!