Fresh apricots are in season and I’m loving finding new ways to cook with them. This tart is a sweet and delicious way to use this wonderful fruit!
- 2 sheets short crust pastry
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 100g unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 8 apricots halved, stone removed
- 1/4 slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Combine almond meal, flour sugar, silvered almonds, butter and eggs in a large bowl and beat at a low speed until combined and of a creamy consistency. Set uncovered in the refrigerator.
- Place short cut pastry into lightly oil sprayed tart tin. Ensure to press down firmly. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Halve apricots, removing the pit and then halve the apricot halves again.
- Take pastry tin out of the fridge and place a thin layer of apricot jam at the base.
- Spread wet mixture on top of the apricot jam layer. Place apricot slices on top.
- Place in the tart into the preheat oven at 180c for 25-30 minutes.
- When ready take out of the oven and sprinkle with pistachios.
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy!
One Comment Add yours
Great receipe. Wish you were here. Could have learnt a lot from you.
Have a nice day.
Sent from my Personal Phone