It’s International Burger Day so let’s have a burger to celebrate!
This roll is tasty as anything, if you aren’t a pesto fan, the taste isn’t in your face and the fish balances it beautifully! This you don’t like either pesto or fish though…. sorry!
2 Fish fillets, (I used basa fillets as they flake easier)
1 jar pesto sauce
2 onions, thinly sliced
4 cheese slices
2 cups plain flour
2 eggs, beaten well
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 crusty bread rolls
Desired burger fillings
- Preheat oven to 160. Lined baking tray and spray lightly with canola oil. If using air fryer preheat at 160.
- Take onions and place in warm/ hot fry pan. add a pinch of baking soda and two teaspoons raw sugar, stir to combine well. Cook at same heat for 10 minutes, making sure to stir regularly. Set aside.
- Organise the batter for the fish. Place 3 bowls out and add to separate bowls, flour, eggs & Worcestershire sauce (in one together) and pesto in the final bowl
- Halve each fish fillet and dip into egg mixture then flour, repeat this step, then lightly spread pesto paste over the top (both sides).
- Heat oven to 160 or air fryer and cook for 7 per side, flipping gently only once.
- Lightly toast rolls in the griller. I wouldn’t recommend doing this for too long, as the fish will be crispy also. maybe 5 minutes tops.
- Butter roll, add fillings. Mine were lettuce, tomato, avocado. Then add fish and onions. Add condiment if desired.
Serve and enjoy!