Happy Valentine’s day everyone! What comes to mind when you hear Valentine? My mind automatically goes to red roses, red wine & of course chocolate! So what better day to post this recipe than today?!
- 60g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup roughly diced dark chocolate
- frosting – 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- frosting– 3/4 cup room temp butter, melted
- frosting– 1/5 cup cocoa powder
- frosting – milk
- frosting – 2 heaped teaspoons peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly spray a muffin tin and line with patty cups.
- Melt butter in a microwave proof bowl for 30 seconds, and then add vanilla essence, milk & eggs. lightly whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and cocoa. Add white sugar to bowl. Lightly mix.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold with a spatula to combine.
- Fold in dark chocolate chunks.
- Spoon mixture into individual patty cases to approx 3/4 cups.
- Bake in for oven for 20-25 minutes or until a fine skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- Whilst muffins are baking, make the frosting.
- Combine all ingredients (icing sugar, butter, coca powder & peanut butter) add milk until just thickened and creating a light peak.
- Once muffins have cooled, ice with frosting and serve!