Sunday cooking at it’s best, this is a 3 hours (on high) slow cooker meal. One of the quickest you’ll find for a dinner meal.
10 chicken drumsticks
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced ginger
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
salt and pepper
1. Combine soy sauce, honey, ginger garlic & lemon juice in a bowl. whisk until mostly smooth.
2. Turn on slow cooker to high setting and add in mixture.
3. Salt and pepper both sides of chicken and pan fry until slightly brown on both sides (don’t cook chicken through, only brown).
4. Add chicken to the slow cooker ensuring chicken is covered in sauce.
5. Cook in slow cooker for 3 hours. Every hour take liquid sauce from base of slow cooker and drizzle over top pieces of chicken to ensure even flavour.
6. Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.