Welcome to slow cooker Sunday’s!
Starting off with this delicious beef stew. The perfect set and forget meal, and the beef can be added frozen if you’re time poor.
1kg chuck steak, cubed and tossed through 1 cup flour
2 brown onions, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups fresh or frozen vegetables
250g button mushrooms, cleaned and halved
2 cups beef stock
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon tomato paste
4 bay leaves
1/2-1 cup red wine
1. On the stove add a tablespoon of oil to a frypan, once hot brown beef. Once browned place aside.
2. Lower heat on frypan and gently fry onions for a minute.
3. Turn on slow cooker to high setting and add a teaspoon of oil. Add beef and onion into the slow cooker.
4. Add beef stock and 1/2 cup of red wine. Stir and then add in vegetable and mushrooms. Stir to coat and let sit for 2 minutes.
5. Add remaining 1/2 cup of wine, tomato paste, bay leaves and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine.
6. Place lid on slow cooker and let cook for 5 hours.
Serve is mash potato or risoni and enjoy!