The first meal of the month has to be comfort food! Creamy pasta is a must coming into this cooler weather!
2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
1 small jar pesto
2 tablespoons French onion soup mix
2 small brown onions
1 tablespoon butter
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups penne pasta
1/4 cup thickened cream
1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1. Cook pasta according to packet directions. Once cooked, strain and put aside with one ladle of pasta water.
2. Add a tablespoon of oil to a saucepan. Add onion and garlic, fry for one minute.
3. Add chicken and cook until browned.
4. Add pesto, French onion soup mix, cream and butter.
5. Turn off the heat and stir the pasta into the chicken with half the pasta water.
6. If required add the remainder of the water.
Serve pasta with Parmesan and cherry tomatoes.