I was going to post this recipe for Apricot day (9th Jan) but I missed the day!
Hope you enjoy this slice if you make it!!
5 apricots, halved (for slice)
2 apricots, diced (for glaze)
1 cup self raising flour, sifted
125g butter, softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 handful white choc chips
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a slice tin and line with baking paper.
2. Beat butter, sugar and eggs in a bowl until well combined.
3. Stir flour and choc chips into mixture. Stir well.
4. Spread mixture into slice tin. Place apricot halves, cut side up, on top, pressing in slightly. Bake slice for 15- 20 minutes.
5. Place diced apricot in a blender and blitz until a puree. Add water and blitz again. Brush warm jam over hot slice. Cool completely in pan. Cut into pieces.