These cupcakes don’t just have lemon in the title for no reason! These are zesty!
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup raw sugar
2 cups self raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 cups icing sugar
2 tablespoon butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Zest of lemon
1. Preheat oven to 160c and line a cupcake tin with patty cases.
2. Combine butter and sugar in bowl with a whisk until creamy pale.
3. Add eggs, lemon juice from lemon and vanilla essence and stir to combine.
4. Add in flour and milk, mix well to combine.
5. Spoon one tablespoon of mixture into each patty case. Take a teaspoon of lemon spread and place on top of mixture in cases. Add another tablespoon of mixture on top covering the lemon spread.
6. Bake at 160c for 35-45 minutes. Let cool.
7. For Icing, combine icing sugar, butter and lemon juice. Mix well. Place in piping bag and pipe onto cakes. Sprinkle zest on top.