Happy nearly thanksgiving!
I have been sitting on this recipe for awhile waiting for thanksgiving!
I made this for a few functions and it has gone down really well! Hope you like it if you make it!
Let me know how you go, as I really had to think back to the ingredients, but I think I have it all there!
3 eggs, white and yolks separated
3 tablespoons pumpkin spice syrup
1 heaped teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tub mascarpone cheese
1 packet Savoiardi Italian ladyfingers
1/2 cup (120 ml) strong coffee, at room temperature *
1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Beat in mascarpone cheese until just combined. Set aside.
2. Beat egg whites in a bowl until it holds stiff peaks. Gently fold in half of the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture, then the remaining half just until fully incorporated.
3. Make espresso shots (I used a Nespresso) then add 3 tablespoons of the pumpkin spice syrup and vanilla extract to the espresso and stir to combine.
4. Quickly dip half of the ladyfingers into the coffee, and line the bottom of a 9-inch square dish. (You might need to break a few into pieces to fit them in the dish).
5. Spoon half of the mascarpone filling over the lady fingers and spread into an even layer. Dip the remaining ladyfingers into the coffee and arrange a second layer over filling.
6. Spoon remaining mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers. Cover and let refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
7. When ready to serve, dust with chocolate or cocoa powder.