Winter is truly on it’s way even though we are still in Autumn!
I have been feeling the cold all weekend in both Melbourne and Canberra! And yes, this includes firing up the heating for the house already!
This soup is a tasty, quick to make winter warmer, hope you enjoy!
2 cups vegetable stock
1 tin chickpeas, drained
1 brown onion, diced finely
1 granny smith apple, diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 Kent pumpkin, diced
1. Place all ingredients in pressure cooker pot. Set to soup/ pressure cook setting and cook for 20 minutes.
2. Place all ingredients in cooking pot. Bring to the boil, and then let simmer for an hour.
3. If using a cooking pot, after an hour remove from the stove and let cool down.
4. If using a pressure cooker, release pressure, let the soup mixture cool.
5. Using a stick blender, blitz the mixture until smooth.
6. Serve with grated cheese on top and crusty bread.