Simple vanilla cupcakes with a brain crackling topping!
2 cups self raising flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup full cream milk
125g butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Popping candy, to decorate
Betty Crocker icing
200g butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons milk
3 cups icing sugar mixture
- Preheat oven and lightly grease muffin tray.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Add caster sugar.
- Make a well in the middle of mixture and add in eggs, milk, butter & vanilla essence folding gently until all combined.
- Evenly pour mixture into muffin cases.
- Bake at 180c for 15-20 minutes.
- Once ready remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Mix all icing ingredients together until smooth.Scoop a tablespoon onto the top in cupcake and swirl to cover top of muffin. Sprinkle popping candy on top.
- Repeat with other muffins and serve!