This cake is sweet and light, and goes super fast! I never got a piece myself but have been assured it tasted good!
3 bananas mashed
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup icing sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup caster sugar
170g can passion fruit pulp
1. Preheat oven to 170c. Grease cake pan.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.
3. Fold in flour and mix to combine. Fold in bananas, mix to combine.
4. Add in 3 tablespoons of passion fruit pulp and fold into cake mixture.
5. Pour batter into cake pan and bake at 180c for 35-40 minutes.
6. While still warm take cake out of the tin and gently weigh down to create an even base. I used a hardcover cookbook.
7. To make glaze add 1/2 cup icing sugar, 1/4 butter milk and 2 tablespoons of passion fruit pulp into a bowl. Stir to combine. You will need to add to the mixture as required to get the consistency right. it should be just thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
8. Pour glaze over the top of cake and spoon over a bit more pulp.
Serve and enjoy!