If you follow my Instagram page, it will be no secret that I love coffee!
This cake has the coffee flavour, but just a hint. It is lovely and moist, don’t let the dry appearance fool you!
2 cups self raising flour
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon instant coffee, dissolved in a tablespoon of boiling water (I used Nescafe)
1 cup & 1 teaspoon buttermilk
1/2 cup white sugar
60g butter, melted
1 cup icing sugar
2 tablespoons buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 180c and lightly spray cake tin with oil.
2. Sift flour into mixing bowl and add salt.
3. Mix in all other ingredients and stir well to combine.
4. Pour batter into cake tin and bake at 180c for 40 minutes.
5. The make icing simply combine the icing sugar and buttermilk and pour over the top of cooled cake.
6. Serve and enjoy!