This post was meant to go live on Friday when it was National Beer Day, but my day job got in the way…. and it pays the bills, so here the post is now!
**Warning** beware that the beer smell is very strong, so I’d recommend cooking this with windows open or candles burning to rid some of the smell!
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1/4 cup pine nuts, crushed
1/4 cup French onion soup mix
300ml flat beer
1. Preheat oven to 180c and line loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Sift flour into bowl, add in soup mix and Cajun seasoning. Mix to combine.
3. Add beer and oil to flour mix and fold until well combined.
4. Pour batter into pre-lined tin and sprinkle with crushed pine nuts.
5. Bake at 180c for 30 minutes. Check with skewer to ensure loaf is cooked through.
6. Cool and serve!