Lately I’ve been loving eating berries, like on a daily basis. They’re usually not my go to fruit wise due to the tart taste.
The buttermilk in this recipe cuts the tart taste!
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup raw sugar
3/4 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
6 heaped tablespoons butter, room temp
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Grease 6 hole Texas muffin pan.
2. Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Add in raw sugar.
3. Add in softened butter and mix until just coming together. The mixture should look crumbly.
4. Add in egg and buttermilk. Fold until combined.
5. Spoon 3 tablespoons of mixture per hole in muffin tin.
6. Bake at 180c for 25 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!