Lemons, lemons, lemons… I’ve been up to my eye balls with lemons over the past week trying to ward off a cold (with only moderate success).
Now I’m onto lozenges and chicken noodle soup (coming soon to the blog!) so I made these cute little cupcakes with my leftover lemons.
3 tablespoons milk
2 cups gluten free self-raising flour
125g butter, salted
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 lemon, juiced
zest of two lemons
mini cupcake patties
olive oil spray
1 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
120g cream cheese, softened
30g butter, softened
juice of half a lemon
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Line a muffin tin with mini muffin cups and lightly spray with olive oil.
2. Beat butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy. add in eggs and beat again.
3. Add to mixture flour, milk, lemon zest and lemon juice. Fold well to combine.
4. Spoon a heaped teaspoon of mixture into each patty case.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
6. To make the icing; add cream cheese and butter to a small bowl and beat until combined well. add vanilla essence and 1/4 cup of icing sugar. Beat until combined. Continue adding 1/4 of icing sugar and beating until combined each time. Lastly add the lemon juice and fold in to combine.
7. To ice cooled cupcakes, gently hold the base of the cupcake and dip to top in the icing mixture. add lemon zest on top to decorate. Serve!