This week I thought I’d do something different and stick to one cuisine. Hope you like Asian food!
We are starting off with a meat dish. The very popular Sichuan Beef!
Dish: 1out of 3.
500g beef fillets, finely sliced
3 red chili’s, sliced
2 spring onions, finely chopped
2 red capsicums, sliced
2 teaspoons garlic paste
1 teaspoons ginger paste
1 teaspoon chili paste
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in a wok until hot. Add half the beef and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Keep stirring the beef strips so they don’t stick together. When browned, remove and drain on a paper towel to remove any excess oil. Repeat process with other half of the beef.
2. Add capsicum to the same frypan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until just softened. Remove and set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok. Add garlic, ginger & chili. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add hoisin sauce to wok, ensuring it is well combined with garlic mixture. Place beef and capsicum back into the wok with remaining ingredients (salt, pepper, spring onions & sliced chili’s).
5. Cook together on a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring every minute.
Serve with rice. Enjoy!