I’ve saved the best til last! This is my favourite of the week!
This pear tart tastes to good. It’s light, but you can taste the spice. Perfect after dinner dessert with cream & ice cream.
Dish: 3 out of 3.
3 pears, halves and thinly sliced
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
1 1/4 tablespoons five spice
1 tablespoon raw sugar
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat over to 160c. lightly spray tart tin with olive oil.
2. Place the puff pastry in tart tin. The pastry will need to hang over by 1cm on all sides. the middle of tart should have the pastry over lapping. Cut off excess pastry.
3. Combine butter, sugar, ginger, five spice & vanilla extract in a bowl, mix the combine well.
4. Using a pastry brush, brush the mixture onto the puff pastry that should now outline the tart tin.
5. Place pears in the tart tin sitting upright in a zig-zig pattern (see below).
6. Brush the top of pears with remaining butter mixture. Bake at 160c for 15- 20 minutes. The pastry should be golden brown.
7. Take out of oven and let the tart rest for 10 minutes.
Slice and serve!