If you like heat, then this is the recipe for you!
This recipe seriously packs a punch! My husband loves it, and I do too…. I just add a lot more hummus to my pita to offset the heat factor!
4 mushrooms, sliced
2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 red capsicums, sliced
220g tub Hummus
1 tablespoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic
1 cup grated cheese, for serving
1 brown onion, finely sliced
1 packet, Mission pita pockets
1 packet salad leaf mix
1/4 cup black olives, sliced
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 160c.
2. On a large bowl, combine together the chicken, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic, powder, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
3. On a baking tray lined with baking paper, add seasoned chicken to one half on tray. Add the capsicums to the other side and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Meanwhile in a fry pan, add a tablespoon of oil and cook onion until soft and slightly browned. Repeat process with mushrooms.
5. Remove chicken from oven and sprinkle the juice from one lime over the top.
5. To serve, halve the pita pockets and add 2 tablespoons of hummus inside the pocket. Add mixed leaf mix, black olives, cheese, chicken, mushroom, onion & capsicum.