It’s picnic season which means cob loaves a plenty!!
This is a handy recipe to have up your sleeve. Not too much prep work and a sure crowd pleaser!
200g short cut bacon, diced
6 spring onions, diced
2 teaspoons garlic paste
1/4 cup chopped olives
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, diced
I medium onion, finely chopped
250g cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream, softened
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup thickened cream
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Cut the top off the cob loaf and scoop out the filling being careful not to take too much from the sides so the filling doesn’t fall through.
3. Heat oil in fry pan and add onion, bacon, spring onions and garlic. Fry until onion in softened. Remove from heat.
4. In a bowl, add sundried tomatoes, olives, cream cheese, sour cream, grated cheese and thickened cream. Stir together. Add in the bacon mixture. Stir again to combine.
5. Place mixture in the cob loaf, place on a baking tray and bake for approx 25 minutes when the top should be browning.
6. Add top on the cob and the bread filling that was scooped out around the outside to toast. Leave for 10 minutes.
7. Serve with carrot, celery or crackers and enjoy!