The cold season is not over in Canberra yet, even though we are a month into spring 😞
With all the rain and windy weather I decided to do one last soup for the year, so here it is!
4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
1 brown onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves crushed
4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1 tablespoon crushed dried chilli flakes
2 shakes of ginger powder
1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
1. Add peeled and diced sweet potato and potatoes to a pot of boiling water. Keep checking as you move onto next steps until a fork pierces through the potatoes easily.
2. Heat oil in small saucepan and onion, ginger and garlic until softened.
3. Drain water from potatoes once they are cooked, and return to pot. Purée until they are at a smooth consistency. Add the onion mixture and chilli flakes.
4. Add stock one cup at a time, stirring after each cup. Give the soup one last purée.
5. Add Greek yoghurt and stir until well blended.
1. Add 1 cup of oil to a small saucepan, heat on high.
2.Take desired amount of sheets (I use 6) and sliced into 1cm strips. Separate the sheets so they don’t stick together when frying.
3. Use one strip to test if the oil is hot enough. If the oil is ready the strip will sizzle and rise to the top.
4. Frying strips in batches of 4, draining on a paper towel.
Serve soup with a garnish of parsley and some wonton fries on top!