One of my favourite meals is laska. I could eat it all the time given the chance, especially on rainy days like today!
This recipe is quick and simple, so it can be made on a week night for a quick throw together meal!
500g green prawns, tails removed
1/4 pumpkin cut into 2cm pieces, skin removed
1 jar laksa paste
2 cups chicken stock
1 can coconut milk
1 heaped teaspoon of chili paste
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 cup bean sprouts
Handful coriander leaves
200g thick rice noodles
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil and place in the pumpkin, cook until just under done.
2. Heat oil in wok on and chili paste and laksa paste, after a minute add in the stock and coconut milk. Mix and bring to a gentle simmer.
3. Add pumpkin and prawns to the mixture and cook until prawns are just turning pink. Stir in fish and soy sauces. Turn off heat and cover with lid or tea towel.
4. Cook noodles according to the packet.
5. Divide noodles into serving bowls and using a soup ladel spoon laksa mixture on to noodles.
6. Serve with chopped coriander, chili and bean sprouts.