Beware…. Super healthy baking coming up!!
Hahaha…. Not usual for me to make something crazy healthy, but I wanted to try my hand at making healthy snacks for an upcoming trip with friends in March.
These are super easy to make and actually taste good, which for something that is paleo, gf, raw and vegan friendly is awesome to me. So often I don’t enjoy the snacks on offer for these dietary requirements, as I feel they lack flavour (a key ingredient to me!). Try making these and see for yourself how good they are!
2 carrots, sliced
1/2 pitted prunes
1/2 cup of walnuts
1/2 cup of pecans
1/3 teaspoon all spice
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons golden syrup
1. Using a food processor, blend carrots, apricots and prunes. These can be done in separate batches if preferred. Be careful not to over blend, you still want a few small chunks. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Add walnuts and pecans to the food processor and blitz until they are just before fine consistency. Transfer to carrot mix bowl.
3. Add cinnamon, ginger, allspice and golden syrup to the bowl and mix until well combined.
4. Check the consistency of the mixture. If should be able to be rolled into teaspoon sized balls. If the mixture is still too crumbly to hold a bll shape, add more golden syrup to the mixture until the consistency is correct.
5. Roll into balls, approx teaspoon size scope, sprinkle shredded coconut over all sides.
6. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Now serve and enjoy!!