I stumbled across this amazing meal years ago in a Korean restaurant near our house. Needless to say I feel in love with the dish and we went there at least once a month for ages! I decided to learn to cook it myself, so easy, and it’s just as good, if not better!
500g Beef mince
2 cups Sushi rice
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon chili
1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced (grating works best)
1 carrot, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
1 red capsicum, deseeded, cut into thin matchsticks
1 packet bean sprouts
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
Chilli & Soy sauce, to serve
1. Cook rice as per packet instructions/ or in rice cooker.
2. In a bowl, place sliced cucumber, warm water and salt. Cover and leave until cucumber has softened.
3. Rinse two handfuls of bean sprouts, and place in another bowl. Add 1-2 teaspoons of sesame oil and a half tablespoon of sesame seeds. Toss a put aside.
4. Add a teaspoon of sesame oil to a fry pan. Fry garlic, chili and mince, until mince is browned. Set aside.
5. In the same fry pan, add the carrot sticks, capsicum sticks & mushrooms with a tablespoon of sesame oil. Fry until soft. Set aside.
6. Lightly oil frying pan. Cook eggs for 3-4 minutes or until whites are set and yolk is runny.
7. Divide rice between serving plates. Add a dollop of sweet chili sauce on the middle of the rice, and then spoon 2-3 tablespoons of mince on top. Top with mushrooms, carrot, capsicum, cucumber around the mince. Top with fried egg and sesame seeds.
8. Serve with chili & soy sauce.