Work place meetings are always a great excuse to bake a slice!!
This time I decided to move away from a chocolate slice and try a fruit one!
440g tin of peaches in natural juice
100g, butter, sitting temperature
1/2 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Drain peaches and then place on paper towels to drain thoroughly.
2. Beat butter, caster sugar and eggs together until creamy. Add eggs until well combined.
3. Sift in both flours and add almonds. Fold into the wet mixture.
4. Line a rectangular tray with baking paper and lightly spray with oil.
5. Evenly spread mixture into tray. Half the peach slices and gently place top side down on the mixture. Press slightly into mixture to hold in place.
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through. Serve!