This week I am making dishes out of all our leftovers in the fridge before we go away, and it’s working, my fridge is nearly bare!
This is a simple snack that I usually would take to a picnic or as a plate to share, but it works well with a salad for a dinner too. Good for freezing also 😃
4 sheets puff pastry, thawed
1tsp coconut oil
4 rashers bacon, diced
1 onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup sun dried tomato strips
1/4 cup corn kernels
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup cream
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Spray muffin tin with oil.
2. Place coconut oil in frypan, and once melted add bacon and onion. Fry until browned and set aside.
3. Cut out pastry circles that are slightly wider than the muffin tin, I used a stein sized beer mug. Place pastry circles in muffin tin.
4. Whisk eggs and cream together.
5. Fill with a teaspoon of bacon mixture, add a pinch of corn and a strip or two of tomato. Add a pinch of cheese.
6. Spoon egg mixture into cases approx 3 tablespoons should be enough.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes until browned on top.