Happy Weekend! Over the last week we had family come over which was so good! This is a receipe I made after family left. I had decided the pre-cook this meal, and it was amazing definitely one to remember for another meal! My only suggestion would be to eat it the same night, it’ll make the lamb shredding a lot easier!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1kg half leg of lamb
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves
4 slices pancetta, finely chopped
1/4 cup herbs (I used rosemary, thyme, sage & parsley)
1/2 red wine
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2x 400g can diced tomatoes
2 teaspoons chicken stock
500g pastas to serve (you can use rice also)
Parmesan to serve
1. Turn on slow cooker to the high setting. Add olive oil and leg of lamb to the slow cooker.
2. Prepare all other ingredients and add all minus the pasta and parmesan to slow cooker. Cover and cook for 4.5- 5 hours.
3. Remove leg of lamb from the slow cooker at the 4.5- 5 hour mark. You will know the meat is ready when you can easily remove the bones. Remove bones and fat.
4. Using a fork and tongs roughly shred the lamb. Add the the tomato mixture in the slow cooker. Turn slower to the keep warm setting.
5. Cook pasta and/or rice according to packet.
6. Serve the pasta/ rice on plate and top with the lamb mixture and parmesan. Serve